Re: TB: 100 years from now

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] TB: 100 years from now
  • From: "Margie Valenzuela" IrisLady@comcast.net
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 17:33:14 -0700

I love your dreams Patrick!! I don't believe you are too far off of what will someday be reality. (Even some of those Sci-fi thoughts of yours - especially the hologram show)

I expect by then too, that Tall Beardeds (as well as others) will exist in a variety of forms (all forms loved as much as the other). 3, 4, 5,  6, and 9 petaled varieties will all be the norm, and accepted as such. Iris flowers will vary in size and shape, from your dinner plate size all the way to a mini-miniature size, that young ladies will wear on their wrists, or possibly around their ears.

Those glo-in-the-dark iris plants that Walter is talking about - - will surely benefit us in the summer months here in Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, etc. (all the hot climates).

Also, I expect irises to be used for medicinal purposes on a daily basis. (Maybe the rhizome or stem) Possibly as a cure, or in a vaccine. And the colors, and color patterns that will exist ........... are ones we haven't even dreamed of.  :-)

(Here is more Sci-fi for you) Genetic engineering (and manipulation) will be taught in grade school, and all homes will have a lab the size of a computer key board so they can genetically manipulate their own customed design pattern within the flower of their choice.

Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.
Zone 8/9
IrisLady@comcast.net