TB: (3 Photos) Seedling - with veining color

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] TB: (3 Photos) Seedling - with veining color
  • From: "Margie Valenzuela" IrisLady@comcast.net
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 20:12:31 -0700

Seeing and hearing bit's and pieces of Chucks work with his SDB color veining, has prompted me to show this seedling which bloomed for me for the first time this last spring.  The form is not great for sure, but....I thought the brown/green-mustard yellow veining in it was interesting. When it first opens the veining is darker in color. As the days go by - - the veining becomes lighter. by the third day - - in full sun - - the veining is a pale lt, green-mustard yellow - hardly noticeable.

This is (Sapphire Hills x Pencil Sketch) x Flights of Fancy.  An extremely vigorous plant. It was an immediate clump before it even bloomed for me.

Seedling # SHFOF 02-12

Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.
Zone 8/9