Re:CHAPEAU (Babson '69)

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re:CHAPEAU (Babson '69)
  • From: "Neil A Mogensen" neilm@charter.net
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 09:50:09 -0500

Sandford Babson is listed with address in the 1989 *Check List,*  which indicates, I believe, he was still living.
There is no listing of his name in the 1999 edition.  This list does not say he is deceased.  The omission of his name merely indicates he neither registered nor introduced any irises during 1990 to 1999.
Keith Keppel could undoubtedly answer the question with details, but from the above observed information, I might suggest his obituary would appear early in the 1990's.
His contributions to garden irises were such that I would expect a fairly substantial review of his life would have appeared in the AIS *Bulletin* sometime during this past decade.
Anner Whitehead may also be one who would know, and perhaps many others.
Neil Mogensen  z 7 western NC mountains

Yahoo! Groups Links