CLARKE COSGROVE NOMINATIONS NEEDED
Regional and affiliate officers, youth leaders and AIS members everywhere should decide on an active youth worthy of a nomination for the Clarke Cosgrove Memorial Award for Youth Achievement -- and then take a moment to sit down and write the nomination. Use the following list as a guide and try to limit your nomination to two pages.
* Grows a fine iris garden
* Actively hybridizes irises
* Writes for an iris publication
* Helps an iris organization through a committee or activity
* Visits local iris gardens at bloomtime
* Attends regional/national tours
* Is studying to be an AIS judge
* Promotes irises and/or the AIS to others
* Signs up new AIS members
* Competes enthusiastically at shows
* Experiments with irises
* Shows an interest in various iris classes and sizes
* Demonstrates leadership skills
Youths do not need to be active in ALL of the above activities to be nominated. Complete your nomination by mentioning the youth's personal attributes and mail to
Cheryl Deaton, 27218 Walnut Springs, Canyon Country, CA 91351
by January 31, 2005. You may e-mail your nomination to <firstname.lastname@example.org> but do not send as an attachment.
The Youth Committee will code the nominations to conceal identities and send them to a carefully selected panel of judges. The winner will receive a trophy and a cash prize at the AIS Convention in St. Louis, MO. By showing your support to our AIS youth members, you are building the future of the AIS. This is EVERYBODY'S job, as not one of us is getting any younger.