Re: HYB: sdlng "Lines & Spot"

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: HYB: sdlng "Lines & Spot"
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@volfirst.net
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 09:51:41 -0500

I don't have any so far.  Since I'm a fan of older & tailored irises as
well as modern ones, I really like it just as it is.  Makes it hard to
think of things to do with it.  When I saw your baby, I thought they
might make a match, but knowing how differently cultivars perform in our
two regions, am not optimistic about that.

Last time I posted it, there were a few suggestions, none of which
appealed enough to pursue, or else I didn't have suitable material.

I'm hoping Chuck's analysis of what's going on with your crosses will
give me some inspiration.  Maybe if DAUGHTER OF STARS or CLARENCE will
produce some pollen for me this spring.

UNDERSTUDY (Tompkins 1986) is another possibility.

<What are your plans for this seedling?  Margie V.  Oro Valley, AZ.>

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Yahoo! Groups Links