Re:AIS:Color Patterns:Pure and Simple

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re:AIS:Color Patterns:Pure and Simple
  • From: "Neil A Mogensen" neilm@charter.net
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 17:46:54 -0500

Chuck, PURE AND SIMPLE is a Joyce Terry pattern with yellow standards, white falls with a very sharply defined yellow band on the falls from Barbara My Love X Ghio U94-1A, yellow/white, unknown.  The introduction is Bill Maryott's through Joe Ghio's Bay View catalog, 2004.  It appears to have a wide, full form and very good definition.

It shows not suggestion of plicata pattern.

An aside on HEY JOE--it is from Lulu Marguerite, which has, I believe, the yellow discrete dotting characteristic inherited in HJ.  It is still extant--is not a plicata on the anthocyanin side, so the yellow pattern whatever it is to be called causes a glitter or shimmering quality to the falls.  I remember quite a fondness for it.

Neil Mogensen  z 7 western NC mountains

Yahoo! Groups Links