Re: TB: (Photo) Again and Again- - yellow plicata?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] TB: (Photo) Again and Again- - yellow plicata?
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 15:11:51 EST

In a message dated 1/22/2005 1:58:30 P.M. Central Standard Time, IrisLady@comcast.net writes:
this lighter iris is Again and Again
Did I click on the wrong one to answer?  I'd been on the archives to look at them and came back here to answer.

I was just so shocked by the pale color.  I was expecting a much deeper saturation of yellow on AGAIN & AGAIN.   It put up a stalk here around Thanksgiving.  I'd planned to cut it and bring it in, but a deer ate it during the night.

I'm definitely not an expert on the issue of yellow plicata.  If I'm understanding the difference in plicata and the Joyce Terry pattern, the dots, stipplings, etc. make the difference.  From your pictures, I'd say none of the three you've posted have a solid application of yellow?

Yahoo! Groups Links