Re: HYB: garbage?

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: HYB: garbage?
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@volfirst.net
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 16:36:23 -0500

Thanks to all for the feedback.

I figure if environmental conditions caused it, and I'm breeding solely
for pretty flowers that aren't as subject to environmental insults
(including induced disease susceptibility) as most irises out there,
it's definitely garbage. :-(

But I did regret tossing this one so quickly - it was the first to reach
blooming size from that cross, and the first seedling I've gotten from
the non-reblooming white parent that was some color (no matter how
yucky) other than white.  At the time, I didn't realize that SEAKIST was
a rebloom carrier, so missed the chance to find out if it was a
rebloomer - from two carriers, so it might have been.

I'll keep the next awful one for at least one more bloom season, & then
send it to Bill <g>
--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8