RE: TB: HYB: (photo) white seedling in response to "garbage?"

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] TB: HYB: (photo) white seedling in response to "garbage?"
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 21:30:00 -0700

Margie, that is a beautiful white iris.  I wonder how many seedlings can go the other way as they mature?  Might an exquisite first year stalk with lots of buds ever after fail to reach its first excellence?  I wish I had room to let all of them bloom two years.  Perhaps I should just separate out those I think are superior, plant them in a separate bed and let the rest try again.  A few of my selected seedlings are growing like wild fire right now.  I’m eager to see them bloom and a little nervous.  Will they be as pretty this time?

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9