RE: HYB: garbage?

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] HYB: garbage?
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 21:30:00 -0700

I’m going to have to dig many of my seedlings after their maiden bloom this spring.  They are just too crowded.  Anything I don’t like has to go.  Merle Roberts says he gets rid of everything that doesn’t bloom the first year, because he has limited ground for them too.  I would like to give them all a chance to bloom at least once.  However, I’ve already eliminated a few that looked to weak to ever amount to anything.

This winter’s crop of seedlings isn’t nearly as crowded.  I have only about 50 percent germination.  Some of them will have room to grow nice clumps.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9