HYB:Keepers? Betty's seedling

  • Subject: [iris-photos]HYB:Keepers? Betty's seedling
  • From: "Michael D. Greenfield" mgreenfield@cinci.rr.com
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 12:42:05 -0500

Betty  I would save this one .(1701-4RE_I) It looks like it might improve a lot next year. Of course I like red bearded blues.

"
Here's one that everyone can help me watch.  This bloom is missing a fall because I 'picked' at it.  Got a bit heavy handed.  It's also a bit frost damaged.  Not a typical bloom at all . . . yet something about it intrigues me.  It was in the bunch this past fall.  "

For me space limits what I can save and what I compost. Already I wish I had some back I destroyed to breed with. I can only save seed pots for two years and only the best ones the second year. Most of my "keepers" did not bloom the first year.

Mike Greenfield
Zone 5b
SW Ohio
Region 6