Re: HYB: garbage?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] HYB: garbage?
  • From: "Adam Cordes" cordesview@m33access.com
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:24:00 -0500

Margie, do you have a 2nd bloom season photo of that White Waxxy Beauty that
you described?  I'd love to see it!

Adam~

Example................ 2 springs ago - - I had the ugliest white
seedling - - it looked much like yours.................. form couldn't be
worse, maybe 4 buds, hardly any type of branching if you could call it
that - a real dog, and it was only a white.  But, I didn't discard it.  This
past spring it turned into a swan. One I'll be using as a parent now.  This
white iris flower has excellent waxy substance, a form full and graceful -
though not heavily ruffled, with wide halfs, nice branching, good
grower/increaser, and 14 buds!!! Not what I expected.