Re: RE: OT-irises and Pets Photos

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] RE: OT-irises and Pets Photos
  • From: "jjbhphd" JBHPHD@BELLSOUTH.NET
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 20:05:20 -0500

Rita,

Another thought. I have an artist friend, professionally trained and talented, retired, who needs to earn some extra money. When I moved into my current home in 1999 I commissioned him to do a seriies of paintings for me for my dining room. Now hang a quint-typch of 18" x 24" paintings.

Before our interchange about companion animals, I had suggested that he do a series, lets say 6, botanically correct drawings of species, find out how much it would cost to reproduce them, and offer them for sale.

I am confident that your magainzines could not pay him for publication, but I ask you to speculate about use of them as illustrations, with his retaining rights, and offering a way of contacting him for purchase.

If you are interested, I can send you photographs of the paintings, as well as the working drawings he made sitting on a stool in my yard. He gave them to me, and I would even frame them had the jerk not done them on lined paper -- but you will see the quality of his work.

James Harrison