reblooming SA seedling

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] reblooming SA seedling
  • From: orders@suttoniris.com
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 09:38:19 -0800

Another sib in the R-122 X Q-584 line.  Unfortunately this has been frost
damaged.  This opened up yesterday and is the 6th bud to open since the
frost, all have been damaged but still managed to open.  The standards are
much fuller and more ruffled and the appendages all have consistent large
purple peteloids.  You can get the idea of color and form from the picture,
my apologies for the poor condition the flower is in.  So far all of the
seedlings in this cross have great branching with 9 to 13 buds and are
strong growers.  When I saw this blooming the first time (undamaged flower)
I stopped and my jaw dropped, might have even drooled a bit.

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image