hort.net Seasonal photo, (c) 2006 Christopher P. Lindsey, All Rights Reserved: do not copy
articles | gallery of plants | blog | tech blog | plant profiles | patents | mailing lists | top stories | links | shorturl service | tom clothier's archive0
 Navigation
Articles
Gallery of Plants
Blog
Tech Blog
Plant Profiles
Patents
Mailing Lists
    FAQ
    Netiquette
    Search ALL lists
    Search help
    Subscription info
Top Stories
Links
sHORTurl service
Tom Clothier's Archive
 Top Stories
Disease could hit Britain's trees hard

Ten of the best snowdrop cultivars

Plant protein database helps identify plant gene functions

Dendroclimatologists record history through trees

Potato beetle could be thwarted through gene manipulation

Hawaii expands coffee farm quarantine

Study explains flower petal loss

Unauthorized use of a plant doesn't invalidate it's patent

RSS story archive

TB: clump and stalk shots

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] TB: clump and stalk shots
  • From: "Michael D. Greenfield" mgreenfield@cinci.rr.com
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 17:05:20 -0500

Well Linda this is difficult here in " The Land Where Iris Grow" <G>
 
As you can see in the photo below 2 year clumps all grow together.
With 7 to 20 stalks in a clump bloom stalks are hard to separate.
 
I took the photo below for Walter Moores. From right to left front row:
 
A weed-Shore Patrol-Chocolate Chess-Violet Shimmer-Follow the Fleet- Color Fusion
 
The following week was prime week. The rows behind are MTBs and IBs.
All are two year clumps
 
 
I have quite a few clump shots of the IB's and MTB's with up to 50 fans
per clump.
 
These beds had awesome growth. I think ( not a fact) that whomever
fertilized the grass did the iris also. We also had way above average
rain those two years. As I remember we had about 4 times that we went
3 days with out rain. Also hot and humid. Lost one iris to rot the first year.
We had some rot when it was time to dig.
218 iris planted.
Three lost to rot
One stolen
One lost to scorch ( confirmed be Roy Eperson)
After shipping some back two heaping pickup loads were planted in
the dumpster.
 
Our iris club folded the year before the meeting. About 8 of the members
put it on because we had committed to do it. The original Chair's husband
had serious health problems. John Bruce took over.
 
 I was making crosses 7 days before the meeting. I had chest pains and
ended up having a stint put in the next day. I was making crosses the day
after that. They found I had a Abdominal Aorta Amorism when putting the
 stint in. I was not allowed to-do any heavy work till it was fixed. That was the
 end of July before I could. Went in the hospital Monday came home that night.
Went out to supper Wednesday night. So John and his wife dug 3 of the four beds.
I did some labeling.
 
Isn't modern medicine Great!!
 
 
Mike Greenfield
 


SPONSORED LINKS
Silk plant Plant maintenance Plant safety
Plant relocation Plant grow light Exchange


YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS






Other Mailing lists | Author Index | Date Index | Subject Index | Thread Index



 © 1995-2015 Mallorn Computing, Inc.All Rights Reserved.
Our Privacy Statement