AB: GRAND VIZIER

  • Subject: AB: GRAND VIZIER
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 19:19:00 -0600

An arilbred introduced in 1969 by Bill Hawkinson. Word of Mr. Hawkinson's
death was passed along to members of ASI this week. He was a founding
member of the Aril Society International when it begain in 1958. This is
the only cultivar of his that I've grown. I don't think he introduced many.
If you like a red iris, though, this one is worth growing. Seemed an
appropriate time to post the photo. There are probably better ones posted
in the archives.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA