Re: Re: CULT: rebloom

  • Subject: Re: Re: CULT: rebloom
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 14:56:08 -0500

Well, Robin, you aren't alone.  Don Spoon says 984U9 has the most perfectly shaped bloom he has ever seen.  Trouble is, I think it may not set seed.  I've tried many crosses to it because of that shape, but without success.  I'm sure you've heard the theory that seedlings are most likely to inherit the form of the pod parent.  Fortunately, its pollen is very potent.  This past year was the first in which I've used it as a donor, and I have seeds planted from pods on several of my seedlings and on ROSALIE FIGGE and BEFORE THE STORM.  So, maybe there's an outside chance to transmit that form.  --  Griff