Re: Photo: "Twinning" in iris seedlings

  • Subject: Re: Photo: "Twinning" in iris seedlings
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 21:58:32 EST

In a message dated 1/17/2007 8:06:08 P.M. Central Standard Time, Elmsterj@aol.com writes:
<<Has anyone out there had the same experience, and did the seedlings ever bloom?>>
Elm,  I only breed reblooming TB's.  In 20+ years of looking at seedlings I've seen 4 or 5 seedlings that appeared to be twins.  In each case I managed to lose track of them before I saw them bloom.  This was while I was at Alvaton, late 80's.
There was one twin in the seedlings I put out this past May.  If I can track this one down, I'll try to follow it through and see how it progresses.
I believe Ben Hager introduced a couple of TB's from twins, some 15 to 20 years ago.  I think they were pink or peach??  Anyone remember the names?
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:
Reblooming Iris - Home Page
iris-photos archives
iris-talk archives