Re: Photo: I. stolonifera seedling

  • Subject: Re: Photo: I. stolonifera seedling
  • From: Anita Moran <avmoran1@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 07:54:18 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

I really have to get more Regelias

-----Original Message-----
From: Elmsterj@aol.com
Sent: Jan 17, 2007 9:26 PM
To: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [iris-photos] Photo: I. stolonifera seedling

Here is a photo of a seedling I raised from seed that was a result of a beepod on I. stolonifera, a regelia (aril) iris species.  I used a forced-germination method on the seeds, germinating them in the refrigerator.  The colors are much richer, and the standards are more tailored.  The "icing on the cake" are the bright yellow beards and the rich mauve-maroon crests.  This is an RH (regelia hybrid.)

Elm

Anita Moran
Pilmore Gardens
USDA 6B