Re: NOID SDB violet with burgundy spot

  • Subject: Re: NOID SDB violet with burgundy spot
  • From: "Kent Appleberry" <appleb@cut.net>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 23:09:39 -0000

Loic, I should have mentioned that the reason I (and others) have rejected the
Yo Yo ID is that the spot on this one is quite a bit larger in comparison,
with a thinner rim around it, especially at the ends of the falls.  There are
variations between specimens, of course, but I've looked at ten or so photos
of Yo Yo and they are all consistent in having the much smaller spot and
larger rim.  Otherwise this does seem to look like Yo Yo, which is I suspect
one reason it was labeled that way (from a source with several mislabeled).
There are several shots at this page:

http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/73953/

So, what do you think?  This seems too large a difference to me, given how
consistent the others are.  Are there Yo-Yo-like SDBs to compare?

Kent

could be yo-yo alright

Loïc