Re: NOID SDB violet with burgundy spot

  • Subject: Re: NOID SDB violet with burgundy spot
  • From: "Kent Appleberry" <appleb@cut.net>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 20:55:27 -0000

Really--yours is like mine too, Loic?  That's interesting.  There may be a
common supplier here, either directly or indirectly.  I don't think it's Yo
Yo, but I haven't yet come across any other likely ones.  It's a fine flower,
in any case.

Kent

-----   -----

Hi Kent
compared to Alyssum's and LimeyLisa's pictures on Dave's Garden, mine also
seems to have narrower
edges.
Both mine and yours also have that hair-thin dark red rim around the falls
that i
find very distinctive, and the red spot is not even on the sides.

In the official description the spot is small, there is lemon on the beard,
and no mention of the red rim:

[ [YO-YO (Schreiner's, R. 1978)., Sdlg. G 1583-4. SDB, 14" (36 cm), E
S. light lavender; F. lavender with SMALL deep purple spot; lemon to
lavender beard. Unknown parentage. Schreiner's 1978}}

So maybe ours is something else?
I personnally won't worry because I won't use it for breedeing: the shape is
too old , it doesn't rebloom and has unknown parents. Three reasons are a
bit much to overlook!

Maybe Alyssum or LimeyLisa will help us here, or someone who also has a
YO-YO with a small spot.

Loïc