Re: TB: Prince George edge - try again

  • Subject: Re: TB: Prince George edge - try again
  • From: "donald" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 20:45:10 -0000

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, Jack Carter <jackcarter@...> wrote:

> Is the rim there because the rest of the pigment is gone?

I think this is a good question. I've had seedlings with a narrow rim
on both standards and falls. They look fine with a nice effect from a
couple of feet away, but on close examination the tissue simply looks
dead - sort of the color and substance of a paper sack. It may not be
the case here, since these seem to have a metallic finish. Mine sure
didn't have that. But the question is still valid on how it works.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA