  • Subject: edges
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 20:41:48 -0600

I went and looked at Merle's posting. Here are some edges that appeared on
a few of my seedlings. There is no gilt. On close examination the edge
simply looks like dead tissue. The cross that produced these also produced
pale orange and vivid yellow blooms, but this type of edge was only apparent
on the plum colored shades. It may be that this sort of thing can be filled
in with some other chemical adding rim color. I'll post a sibling where
the effect is noticeable in the falls. In this it's more apparent in the

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

JPEG image

JPEG image