Re: Re: HYB: pedigree charts

  • Subject: Re: Re: HYB: pedigree charts
  • From: smciris@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:06:10 EST

In a message dated 1/28/2008 6:13:25 AM Mountain Standard Time, lmann@lock-net.com writes:
I'm interested & probably others are too, but too shy to say so <g>

And could you post a jpg/photo of the resulting chart? Or link
somewhere to a typical output?
The pedigree charts are not in the standard format we use for iris, so I'd rather not confuse people by posting one.  Instead, I'll attempt to attach an ancestor report, which provides the information needed to easily fill out a standard form if you prefer the charts.  I like to trace my arilbred pedigrees back to species, unknowns, and non-arils and this format doesn't limit me to a set number of generations.

Of course, this doesn't save any time if you are charting only one pedigree.  The advantage comes when you want to get full pedigrees of its relatives.  Because all of its ancestors have already been put in the database they don't have to be entered again to get other pedigrees.

Sharon McAllister