re CULT: help to ID

  • Subject: re CULT: help to ID
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 10:12:37 -0600

Griff,

Years ago when (I think) Iris-Talk was still Iris-L, there was a discussion
of the truest blue iris blooms. I acquired SHINING WATERS based on that
discussion, along with several others that I still grow today. CAHOKIA and
BUSY BEING BLUE were on the list and are still hereabouts. The one that
always strikes me as being the truest blue from that list is YANKEE PRIDE,
photo attached. They all give a blue effect, rather than lavender or
purple.

Donald

>Donald -- Thanks. It is SHINING WATERS, of course -- a beautiful
>flower, and a wonderful blue. I need to >shore up my records of plants
>sent and received. I ran across the photo as I was hunting for clump shots
>to >send to Sandy Ives.

>Another excellent but very different blue that I used to have, but lost,
>was Jean Sibelius. Isn't it interesting >what a wonderful range of shades
>is encompassed within a color? -- Griff

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group