REB: Bonus Mama X Neptune's Cloak

  • Subject: REB: Bonus Mama X Neptune's Cloak
  • From: "Mary Swann-Young" <MryL1@msn.com>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 12:23:59 -0500

I need new batteries for the camera.  Here's the maiden bloom
photo from May 06, looking down on 2 blooms.  It's actually
almost white.  Reminds me of Lunar Whitewash.  Bloomed last
spring without rotting, but no pollen and didn't set a pod.  It's
35", 3 branches, 8 buds.  Had 14 from the cross, 12 white or
near white, two mid blue.  Have had uniformly wide form from
Bonus Mama, more color with pinks, yellows, reds. (Duh!) The
height is all over (I Do influence) and so far all too late for here.

Had a gorgeous dark yellow maiden using Rip City pollen last
spring. Pie crust ruffling.  Sorry, no photo - I was in no mood to
take pictures last spring.  Has a date with Bernice's Legacy.
Also a few with Pink Starlet and Starring pollen that should
bloom in May.  Seedlings have been strong growers once they
break ground, but a high percentage of rotted seeds for me.

BTW - Temp in my crisper is 45F.  Sun room fluctuates from
45-55 when it's cold out.

Mary Lou, near Indianapolis, Z5 - brutally cold today, no snow cover

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! News