still more broken color

  • Subject: still more broken color
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 10:16:43 -0600

So, Chuck, is it the same reactivation of inactive genes that cause the
variegated foliage? A transposon at work? The occurrence of the foliage
streaked with white is even more common in results from TBxAB than broken
color blooms. In this case of AUTUMN ECHO X KOKO KNOLL both occurred.
Unfortunately these plants aren't sturdy in my growing conditions and most
don't survive for too many seasons. Last I looked this one was still
hanging on but has never done well. Too bad since the combo of broken color
bloom with the white streaked foliage is a different stroke among the other

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

JPEG image