Re: Pink X pink giving apricot

  • Subject: Re: Pink X pink giving apricot
  • From: irischapman@aim.com
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 09:16:02 -0500

I have been finding that a lot of pinks, yellows , whites etc have more
then one dosage of "I", thus the reduced number of seedlings with
anthocyanin. Actually, sometimes none as in the cross of Celebration
Song X Big Squeeze which had 15 seedlings bloom and none had
anthocyanin, even though Celebration song has anthocyanin

I haven't seen anything to suggest to me that the inheritance of
anthocyanin is parental influenced.

The broken colour pollen parent (Autumn Years)of Eramosa Blushing
Bride, may not be fully plicata.It is a cross of Isn't This Something X
Goodbye Heart. It is possible that it is one of the rare non-plicat BC
plants. This would explain why EBB isn't a plicata. The pod parent was
a rich burgundy plicata-luminata

Chuck Chapman

Re: Pink X pink giving apricot

Posted by: "Autmirislvr@aol.com"

Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:51 am (PST)

Chuck, when I look at the parents of EBB, I'm impressed
with the huge doses of anthocyanin in their background.? At first
glance, I'd expect a higher percentage of purple seedlings due to EBB
being the pod parent.?

Could the blocking, patterns of the plicatas, & possibly the broken
color irises, be responsible for the higher percentage of pink tinted
seedlings?? (due to the anthocyanin being blocked)=0

<<Here is a chart of a cross of Eramosa Blushing Bride X
Dreamsicle and their children. all >>

Betty Wilkerson