Geek Dinner

I am sorry to say that Joanne and I will not be able to manage the
Geek dinner
this year. I will be at the convention for only the business meeting.

I am hoping to find a team of folks that would be willing to manage
the GD this year in our stead.

I can see dividing the work into the following tasks:

1 person to solicit auctionable items from members / hybridizers,
collect goods and get them to the convention, and organize them in
the room prior to the banquet Friday (2 hrs). Enter items into Excel
spreadsheet for bidding. Organize pictures for projection to help
sell the item - helpful but not mandatory.

1 registrar to receive reservations and money between now and the
convention. this person would also make arrangements with hotel
regarding the meal.

1 Auctioneer

2 people to keep track of the bidding and to collect money. (We have
a computer program that Kitty Loberg created that works exceptionally
well for this if you have a laptop)

2 people at the door to take tickets, hand out bidding paddles

2 runners to spot bidders and take item to winning bidder

If you are willing to take on one of these tasks, please email me at:

john@usjoneses.com