HYB: Pinkness X Silk Romance

  • Subject: HYB: Pinkness X Silk Romance
  • From: "Mary Swann-Young" <MryL1@msn.com>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 22:30:13 -0500

This was among the first to bloom last spring, so I thought it
might rebloom.  Saw a few using SR in 4 crosses that all seemed
to have pretty decent blooms, but all faded most unattractively
on 2nd or 3rd day, even in chilly, overcast weather.  The only
exception was a couple from SR X Pink Attraction which were
so pale a pink that only someone looking closely could see pink
at all.
I only got pictures of the earliest stuff last year, then got really
busy, so no pictures of the really floofy ones from Curvy Course.
"Floofy" to me means so heavily ruffled that it no longer looks
much like an iris.  Some of the ones I'm using tend to unruffle
the floofiest things I cross them with.
Mary Lou, near Indianapolis, Z5