Re: HYB Mid-America Garden's 2009 Intros!

  • Subject: Re: HYB Mid-America Garden's 2009 Intros!
  • From: brimmsplace <brimmsplace@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 18:55:46 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for posting those pictures Loic.  Got an email from Paul the other day telling me he was introducing "Date With Destiny" Sdlg K297B. Here's the catalog description of it.
DATE WITH DESTINY (Black 09) Species X - most closely resembles a very short IB - Midseason-Late TB season 18" (46 cm) Date With Destiny, along with its sib Alberta Clipper, has the potential to add an almost unimaginable dimension to the SDB class and to a lesser degree the IB class. Traditional SDBs usually have one branch and 2-3 buds. On occasion one will have 2 branches and 4-6 buds. The problem has been that the later types tend to open multiple blooms on branching that is too close to display them without becoming a bunchy mess. In this respect, Date With Destiny overcomes this problem. Amazingly, the foliage remains short so as not to interfere with the flowers and well-spaced branching provides plenty of space for them to open properly without bunching. Flowers also remain proportionately small. The other major effect is pushing SDB bloom time well into TB season. I say FABULOUS! Classically formed flowers have mid violet blue standards and blended band on darker red violet falls. This represents an amazing pool of genetic material. Sdlg. K297B: ((Echo Pond x (Gentle Air x Chubby Cheeks sib)) x P.Black unknown tet MTB) X (Sinister Desire x Delicate Image).  This would be a fun one to enter in a show.
Paul is going to have some amazing things coming out in the next several years and I cannot wait. Sdlg I126A is another one I want. Hopefully he will introduce it too in the next year or so.