HYB: potting up burrito babies -step 4

  • Subject: HYB: potting up burrito babies -step 4
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 10:09:11 -0500

Third photo, step 4. Cover seeds with Miracle Gro Potting Mix and soak
thoroughly. Keep moist until seeds sprout, then don't re-water until
starting to dry too much.

If I pot all the seeds at once, including the unsprouted ones, I keep
the pot constantly moist, maybe with crumbled leaf mulch, for a month or
so until no more seeds are sprouting or until too busy with spring to
remember ;-).

Then put pot where temperature is less than 70oF, preferably 50 to 60o.

My unheated sunporch temps range from ~40 to 50 at night to between 50
and 75 during the day. If it gets any warmer, I open the door to the
house and let it warm the house up!

I hope this helps.
--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8