HYB: Prince George X Designer Gown
  • Subject: HYB: Prince George X Designer Gown
  • From: <MryL1@msn.com>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 19:37:10 -0500

Thanks, guys!
I planted 19 from this cross in spring 08.  The 4 I got to see bloom last
spring caused me to transplant all of them to virgin soil.  None of the 4 had much
in the way of branching and bud count, but I expect that on maiden bloom. Lost
the other pictures of them when my old computer died.  Before I lost them, I posted
a sibling of this one, that has metallic gold edge, on 7-29-09.
Prince George has essentially no branching the way it grows here.  Designer Gown
has 2 branches, too high.  Have never seen either growing anywhere else, so have
no particular reason to expect better of the babies.
I have a number of RE seedlings with plenty of buds and branches.  Intensely
frustrated at not getting pollen from this seedling last spring to use on them. I
would be really surprised if anything from this cross reblooms here.
I also have seedlings out there of PG and DG crossed with parents of the RE seedling
I posted 10-14-08, which has a slight metallic gold edge.  Looking forward to seeing
them too.
Anticipation is addictive.
Mary Lou, near Indianapolis, Z5