Searching for old VHS tapes related to Iris
  • Subject: Searching for old VHS tapes related to Iris
  • From: AISSlides <gbyp123@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 17:33:04 -0800 (PST)

by Janet Smith -- AIS Slides Chair

It has come to the attention of this Committee Chair that we are missing an opportunity that if not mentioned soon will become an opportunity missed. So I ask, What's in your closet?  Do you have VHS tapes collecting dust that just might have something of interest to the American Iris Society.  Hybriziders giving a program?  Folks gone by that were caught on tape at a Convention etc.  We, the AIS Slides and Digital Programs committee, would like to have those tapes.

What are we going to do with them, you ask!  Convert them to DVD and hope to have some very interesting programs to share before they are lost.  This all came about in a recent conversation with Jeanne Plank and the more I thought about it the more important it became to bring it to the attention of
all who just might have taped and set aside VHS tapes that if we don't get them now will be gone forever.
So how about beginning your Spring Cleaning now, and, ship them to your AIS
Slides Chair - me!

Janet Smith
P O Box 1585
Coarsegold, CA 93614