TB: Antler Road (Mike Sutton, '06)
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: TB: Antler Road (Mike Sutton, '06)
  • From: Cordesview <cordesview@m33access.com>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 14:09:26 -0500

Hi there, everyone!!

Well, someone said something about "hibernating", and you were right!

It's been cold here in NE Michigan, but we're having a JANUARY *heat wave* right now. The snowy driveway has turned to glare ice! The pile that was 6 feet high in the middle of the yard is now only 3 feet tall. And the snow "insulation" over my rhizomes is melting away like butter on toast! Phooey!

So, with the new sunshine (and the task of a club newsletter and meeting coming up!) the iris virus is back in my blood! I'm coming out of hibernation, everyone!

First up for the iris that bloomed last year, in 2009, is ANTLER ROAD.

I've never seen horns on this iris. It had a great stalk this year, but not much increase, and it's a two year plant. Lack of SA appendages showing is most likely due to our colder climate. We had a terribly rottenly cold summer all last year . . . looking forward to better things in 2010. :-)

Enjoy!

More photos are to follow.

Adam~

JPEG image

Antler Road

Adam Cordes
<x-tad-smaller>President - Mio Irisarians</x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-smaller>www.mioiris.org</x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-smaller>Region 6</x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-smaller>Zone 4 (and a half . . .</x-tad-smaller><x-tad-smaller>J</x-tad-smaller><x-tad-smaller>)</x-tad-smaller>