TB-SA: Stardock (G. Sutton 2004)
  • Subject: TB-SA: Stardock (G. Sutton 2004)
  • From: Cordesview <cordesview@m33access.com>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 17:21:48 -0500

Yes, I'm continuing on with Space Agers. . . .

I guess I've become *Hooked* on them over the last few years! Ha! Yep, the pun was intended.

This iris won me a Best In Section for Space-age iris at our show in 2008. The stalk photo I have attached is wispy due to the daylilies on the left of the photo and the pink weeping cherry to the right that isn't actually in the photo. My stalk in 2008's show was quite "stockier" than the one pictured.

STARDOCK does give me consistent appendages, though they be fuzzy horns. But, they're always there!

One thing it hasn't done for me is Rebloom, even though it's listed as one. Okay for me . . . NOTHING reblooms in my garden! All my Rebloomers need segregated out and put in one section so they can be watered/fertilized specially after blooming season, since it gets VERY dry here. My gardens are too spaced apart and life on a dairy farm is way too busy in summer to hose all of them down at the same time!

(George Sutton, R. 2003). Sdlg. H-208. TB, 37" (94 cm), ML & RE.
S. and style arms coral pink (RHS 38D); F. beetroot purple (71) washed violet purple, coral pink spray pattern; beards old gold, beetroot flounce; ruffled; slight spicy fragrance. Mesmerizer X G-92: (Tomorrow's Child x Sweet Musette). Sutton 2004.

JPEG image

JPEG image