Re: Madeira . . . Really laughing now?
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: Madeira . . . Really laughing now?
  • From: cseggen1@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 18:39:25 EST

THIS WAS THE ONLY PHOTO YOU SENT THAT I COULD SEE
Connie Eggen
Zone 5
Papillion, NE

In a message dated 1/18/2010 4:27:50 P.M. Central Standard Time, cordesview@m33access.com writes:
I KNOW I sent the photo in the e-mail!  It didn't come through in the
archives, so I'll send it one more time!

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Okay everyone, laugh with me!

Even though I haven't been on the list for it's whole existence, in
twelve years of posts, there isn't even one mention of this
Schreiner's iris introduction.  :-)    Now, I understand that there
ARE indeed thousands of irises introduced every year, and even more
seedlings that get posted on our list, so there's going to be tons of
irises' photos that don't get listed.

But (and this is the laughing part) I put out a photo request of this
one to the list in 2006, and no-one had a photo for me.  After our
club's plant sale, I brought the rhizomes of this iris home and
planted them for another years' sale.  Maybe now that I have a photo
of this beauty it will sell better?  :-)  *smile!*

Okay, one more thing... what is a "Madeira"  or what language is
it?  I checked it out on my computer's translation feature, and it
didn't have a translation for me.  Any of you linguists or
geographer's out there know for me?  Thanks!

Hope you're all laughin' with me!  Here, for all iris-dom to share
and enjoy in the archives --- and in case some future iris sale needs
a photo --- is Madeira!

Adam~

MADEIRA

       (Schreiner, R. 1993). Sdlg. W 130-1. TB, 38" (97 cm), M.
       S. wine purple (RHS 79C); F. velvety deeper wine purple (79A);
beards purple. Spectacular Bid X Titan's Glory. Schreiner 1993.

Madeira