TB: Persian Gown (Opal Brown, 1985)
  • Subject: TB: Persian Gown (Opal Brown, 1985)
  • From: Cordesview <cordesview@m33access.com>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 14:26:13 -0500

I've had this clump for a while. It's probably one of the first irises I got from our club when I started as a youth 12 years ago.

It almost never has more than 6 or 7 buds. Each branch only has one bud in the sockets.

Many others on this list have used PERSIAN GOWN as a parent, and a lot of the seedlings are available to see in the archives, but I didn't find any post of PG itself.

.... just in case you'd like to know what she looks like . .. :-)

<x-tad-smaller>PERSIAN GOWN

(Opal Brown, R. 1985). Sdlg. 79-3F. TB, 40" (102 cm), EM.
Violet purple (near RHS 77A). lighter area around sienna orange (171A) beard, lightly fringed edge. 77-2A43: (Schiaparelli sib x Saber Dance) X 77-1A7: ((Baroque x Saber Dance) x Silver Shower). Brown's Sunnyhill Gardens 1985.</x-tad-smaller>

JPEG image

Persian Gown

JPEG image

Persian Gown