Re: AB: CAREFREE DAYS X AT LAST family
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: AB: CAREFREE DAYS X AT LAST family
  • From: "d7432da" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2011 18:42:15 -0000

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, Chuck Chapman <irischapman@...> wrote:

> You may be dealing with problems of  unbalanced chomosomes here.
> Thus problems with fertility ans perhaps even with growth of seedlings.

Without a doubt. That's the nature of the cross and why it's taking me so long to accumulate seedlings using this type of progeny as one of the parents. It occurs regularly in various forms on this type of cross. Almost as if something that should have been completed in meiosis is still taking place in the plants themselves. I'll just have to wait and see which ones develope into normally growing plants. They may look and perform better in the next year or two. Or maybe not.

Donald