Re: AB: goal failure - AT LAST X DESERT FURY
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: AB: goal failure - AT LAST X DESERT FURY
  • From: "d7432da" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2011 01:23:54 -0000

Betty,

> I know absolutely nothing about breeding for ABs.

Ha! I don't think I do either.

> Keeping that in mind--could you cross the darkest seedling back to >DESERT FURY, in an attempt to reinforce the color? Or would that >mess up other goals?

I think that might work, but it's a bit far off the red that shows in the seedling. And I'm not sure anyway. I thought this cross would work and it didn't. Also, there were some things I saw in this cross that I don't especially want. Those yellow and brassy beards, e.g. Didn't expect those from this cross. I might as easily cross that seedling back to AT LAST and get the same result. After all, the cross that produced the red seedling is supposed to be AT LAST X LUELLA DEE and neither are red.

Donald