REB: 08-139ARE Renown X Wearing Rubies
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: REB: 08-139ARE Renown X Wearing Rubies
  • From: <MryL1@msn.com>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 23:05:47 -0500

Seems like it put nearly all it's energy into the stalk, since the rhizome is
small & only one increase.  Since I didn't want to stress it any, I didn't
pollinate it.  The first bloom only had a little pollen, so I cut the stalk and
put it in sugar water.  The other 6 blooms gave more pollen that way.

To me this pollen is more or less precious, so I'll wait until conditions
are optimal in May and try whatever looks best, but certainly some red
crosses and bright, fat beards. I hope Sharpshooter and Gypsy Lord
bloom.

The only pod I set indoors this fall was on a Private Dancer X Mesmerizer
seedling with little horns.  I thought it was the first TBSARE to rebloom in
Indiana until a report came in from up at Muncie of Mesmerizer reblooming
there, where the drought was not so bad.

Yes, I have pictures, if you want, but it's not impressive.

Mary Lou, near Indianapolis, Z5