HYB: Renown X Wearing Rubies spring sib
  • Subject: HYB: Renown X Wearing Rubies spring sib
  • From: <MryL1@msn.com>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 03:36:17 -0500

Mortality was high on the 11 first-year sprouts planted from the cross,
but this one seems healthy.  There are generally too many latent faults
in my parentages to make sibling crosses advisable, but I might try it here.
The reblooming one is one of only 2 second-year sprouts. The other one is
OK so far.  Supports the assertion that darker ones tend to sprout later.
The redder one behind the sib is Winesap X Wearing Rubies.
BTW, Jan - Both parents of the reddish winter maiden are short TBs.
Betty - Sorry, no photo, but I did have a (Renown x Rip City) X Starring
seedling last spring that I liked enough to set seeds on.  Dark red, not short.
Mary Lou, near Indianapolis, Z5

JPEG image

JPEG image