Re: HYB seeds from "Cloud Shadow"
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: HYB seeds from "Cloud Shadow"
  • From: Chuck Chapman <irischapman@aim.com>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2011 13:03:33 -0500

I'm assumming "Cloud Shadow" is a garden name, as I'm unable to find any information on it.
What is the rebloom information on it?

If it is a Fall Cyclic rebloomer , then  you will get a number of good FC  rebloomers from cross with Autumn Jester, and some FC  rebloomer s from the other crosses.

If it is a Summer Rebloomers, then no rebloomers from the other crosses unless one of them has the correct  gene set carried as recessive.

Lotic, what  information do you use to classify something as a "Rebloom Carrier" ?

Fall Cyclic and Vernalization facilitative  rebloomers seem to be a result of a dominant gene, thus you can't have carriers. Although some plants may have these  rebloom genes but lack secondary genes to enable rebloom.

For "Summer  rebloomers" and "Whenever Rebloomers"  there are at least one set of recessive rebloom genes, so you can have carriers, but two differerent types.  And each seems to also have at least one set of dominant genes as well. I suspect "Whenever" rebloomers to have a recessive gene plus two dominant genes.

Chuck Chapman