Re: HYB seeds from "Cloud Shadow"
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: HYB seeds from "Cloud Shadow"
  • From: "loic tasquier" <tasquierloic@cs.com>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 21:58:39 +0100

Yes Chuck, "Cloud Shadow" is a garden name, Linda still hesitates to register it.
Even if the texture is a bit thin, there aren't that many excellent rebloomers on the market, and this one is very reliable!

I know there is nothing certain to call an iris ' Rebloom Carrier ' but it is just a personal way of selecting the irises i think have a potential to give rebloomers if crossed with rebloomers:
'Rain Dance'  does not rebloom but, crossed with 'Frost Echo', has given the rebloomer 'Raindance Returns'.
'Punk' does not rebloom neither but, crossed with 'Negro Modelo', has given the rebloomer 'Under My Thumb'.

I hope that my B204D = Step Ahead x Forever  is a ' Rebloom Carrier ', having 'Forever Blue' as pol parent.
And finally, i also hope 'Spell' is  a ' Rebloom Carrier ' with so many rebloomers in his parentage.

I have spent months sorting out into two categories the irises that i thought had potentioal, and the ones that didn't.
It's just a handy tool that helps me sort my crosses like this:
R X R : REB X REB
R X C : REB X CARRIER
R X N : REB X NON CARRIER

(I might eventually make a more accurate selection by adding to the REB criteria E-REB for Early Rebloom and L-REB for Late Rebloom )

I now have hundreds of seedlings that have at least one reblooming parent.
I call them my 'Rebloom Carriers', and even if they are incompatible, I still hope that after several generations, i will finally get some rebloom.