REB Blue Moonlight X Sharpshooter fall maiden
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: REB Blue Moonlight X Sharpshooter fall maiden
  • From: <MryL1@msn.com>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 06:52:41 -0500

This one opened back around Thanksgiving.  I didn't post it, hoping
to get a more normal shot of a later bloom, but the other buds just
dried up.  Since cold damage typically shows up in falls before standards,
(petals on outside, so more exposed), I'm guessing I did this to the
standards (and later blooms) when I disturbed the roots.

I expect this one to show weak stalks when established, like Blue Moonlight.
Of all inherited traits, seems like weak stalks in pod parent is as close to
'always' as anything gets in tetraploid genetics.

I'm gratified that you guys are enjoying these.  Makes it seem more
worthwhile tippy-toeing through 20 pots.  Still a long time till spring.

Mary Lou, near Indianapolis Z5

JPEG image