Re: HYB seeds from "Cloud Shadow"
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: HYB seeds from "Cloud Shadow"
  • From: "d7432da" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2011 17:25:49 -0000

Chuck,

> I would suggest plant vigour

My experience with ABs and TBs is that plant vigor has low heritability. I don't work with rebloom, but the results using plants with lots of vigor and hardly any as either both or one parent haven't had much predictability showing up in the seedlings. I think increased vigor may be a cumulative thing, but it doesn't seem to take much loss of something in the mix to send it down the slide. For this to be working, you must be having better success than I've seen. What's the key?

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA