Re: REB Blue Moonlight X Sharpshooter fall maiden
  • Subject: Re: REB Blue Moonlight X Sharpshooter fall maiden
  • From: Betty Wilkerson <Autmirislvr@aol.com>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 12:47:31 -0500 (EST)

Quite sure.  It was a bit late in the fall, too.  It was one I got the year it was introduced directly from Monty.   I was looking for things that produced like Feed Back & Immortality.

<<Blue Moonlight? >>
Thanks for the explanation on the stalks.  My garden gets a lot of wind.
Some people are really impressed by big blooms but I grow a few that are too big for their stalks.  Beautiful but when the second bloom opens the stalks hit the ground.  Still, I'll use them as pollen parents if they have other qualities I like.  They rarely pass on blooms that large.
I've managed to get some tall stalks using short pod parents but it's risky.
Speaking of passing on genes---How do I get rid of open standard?  ;-)

Betty W.