Re: Re: HYB seeds from "Cloud Shadow"
  • Subject: Re: Re: HYB seeds from "Cloud Shadow"
  • From: Chuck Chapman <irischapman@aim.com>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2011 14:12:50 -0500

Not sure what would be the difference, but can venture a couple of guesses.

1)WithTB X AB, it could be lack of gene compatibility.

2) The crosses I make of vigorous plants with fast increase  with  plants that rebloom here, may vey well be getting vigorous genes from both sidess. Any plant that has good rebloom herer in Southern Ontario,  has to have high vigour and fast increases t ostart with. Otherwise it falls victom to environment

3) Low mature leaf count plants bloom earlier both in spring and in fall rebloom.

The  studies of  2nd generation crosses of brevicalis and fulva  showed bloom timing to be a very complicated muly genetic  trait. A large number of genes involved.

But whatever is happening,  it does work for me.  I've outlined a number of crossesnext year t
o explore this further.

Chuck Chapman