Re: HYB seeds from "Cloud Shadow"
  • Subject: Re: HYB seeds from "Cloud Shadow"
  • From: "d7432da" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2011 22:06:05 -0000

> Donald, do you post on iris talk yet?

No. I read the posts via the archives, but I can't post anything. I read this forum via the archives as well, but if I'm replying I sign in so the reply follows directly under the thread to which I'm responding. Easier to follow historical threads later.

for iris-talk: I plant ALL the seedlings, right down to the puniest little one. I generally can't tell how strong a plant will be until the second year and I've had plants I wouldn't have given the proverbial 'plug nickel' for then go on and make strong plants. Some seedlings just seem to take longer to get established and some strong ones can sure change their mind. Also, some seem to respond to simply escaping the pot. Those tend to respond rather quickly and in the pot look and grow the same as some that are weak growers forever. I also prefer generous spacing. I'd do the full 2' if I could manage it spacewise. Generally I manage 12"-16" spacing.