REB: Just a stalk
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: REB: Just a stalk
  • From: <MryL1@msn.com>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 11:44:48 -0500

I promised Betty offlist I'd tell her what this was when it bloomed.
It hasn't and won't this winter.  This is one stalk from a huge grove
of a Feedback X Entangled, from the 07 seed crop.

Planted out spring of 08, fall maiden, too late that year.

Nothing big enough to bloom, spring of 09. Too late after the cold,
wet summer that year. Every one big enough tried that fall.

Nothing big enough last spring.  Fall stalks on every one big enough
despite the drought. (It is inside the Region 6 guest bed and got
watered along with the guests).  Dug a less mature stalk and brought
it indoors, but it didn't bloom.

Love the branching and bud count. So vigorous it's a thug in the garden.

But, Aaargh!

Mary Lou, near Indianapolis, Z5

JPEG image